Monday, March 27, 2006
How many kids cater to their parent's insecurities and loneliness by playing along with transparent controling behaviours? I mean, asside from the level of unconsciously playing along, on what level does the kid see the loneliness & insecurity? I mean, kids aren't blind, just good-natured. Forgiving. Optimistic. They'll play along, sometimes I think just because, well, if this is the demented way that this person wants me to love them, then I guess I can do it that way. I wonder, truly, how much going along with ugly parent stuff is actually consented to with a certain amount of divine awareness on the part of the child that they are pandering to the insecure, pandering to the unenlightened, pandering to the pathetic, playing a game that is beneath all human dignity, and an especially low-level use of the magnificent transformative power of youthful innocence. A coopting of massive healing power, into a safe (for the parent) invocation of stasis. Stasis. Stasis. Stasis. Shame and stasis. How many children are truly allowed to heal their parents?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment